Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Invitations and the occasional fractal

These days are taken up with invitation madness. We are making our own, and the final fiddle-faddling with them has commenced. We hope to get them out by the weekend.

Recently, I have taken to reading a bit before sleeping. This has led to some late nights as I get caught up in a book. Right now, I am reading Lucifer's Hammer which I never read before. It is a good story with many characters whose paths are beginning to cross. Unlike the linked review, I like the book. The review complains about a slow beginning, but I thought it more like a European paced movie--enjoy the ride as it slowly builds.

I also cranked out another fractal amidst all of my curriculum development and wedding planning. It reminds me of tide pools.

1 comment:

rantingnerd said...

Mmmm....Lucifer's Hammer....

That's been on my "to re-read" list for a while.

I still find it bizarre that someone as humane as Larry Niven can end up writing so many books with someone as batshit insane as Jerry Pournelle....