Saturday, September 08, 2007

One Heck of a Morning

This morning started early with the new bed delivery. Yes, they said 7:00 to 11:00, and guess which end of that bracket they arrived. At least this time it fit up the stairs. The guys who delivered were nicer than the last set. Then, I called a guy who I was going to buy a drafting table from off of Craig's List. I set up a time to meet him at his storage locker and went about trying to print directions. I knew I had to put new toner in the machine, and it took a while to figure that one out as I had never done it before. The printer refused to print. New toner was not the only problem. Now, after noon has passed, I have finally troubleshot that issue, but at the time, it ate up my time until I just wrote down the directions knowing I would be a bit late after stopping at a bank to get some cash. Ooops, the ATM spat my card out informing me that it was expired. Sure enough, I hadn't gotten around to sending in my new address, and the replacement card had been sent to the old apartment. Things like that do not get forwarded. Now I was really late, so I called up, apologized and rerouted my trip to pass by home to pick up the change of address form that Reena and I had filled out and to swing by a bank to turn it in and get cash. Fortified with cash, I set off. Yup, I don't know good routes yet in the Boston metro area, and I was stuck in traffic quite a few times. I finally got there an hour and a half late, although I had kept the seller appraised of my lateness. It worked out for him in the end as he had some shopping to do in the area. I like the table (it is still in my car right now), and stopping for my new glasses and eggs on the way home put me back after midday. That was a 9:30-12:00 trip just for a table! Much has been accomplished, but I feel that it was reactive instead of proactive.

Here's hoping the rest of the day is of a different nature.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Everyone should have a decent drafting table. Or a decent draft horse. But dude, that sounds like every morning of my life. The other day I'd had SUCH a long tiring day, and I looked at the clock and it said 12 noon! 6+ hours to go! What a feeling.

stlbanjo said...

heh. I did manage to get some work at school accomplished. Back at it tomorrow, but I think it could go well. I'll be in Philly Thurs-Sat. You around?

Anonymous said...

Yes, we're here -- Funny, R was just asking last night when you and Reena were going to visit. We have HHDay stuff on Th morning and Sunday no good also, but other than that mostly free.