Sunday, February 18, 2007

Energy of Spring, Trappings of Winter

Reena and I joined Mike and Sarah to experience Solas at the Somerville Theater on Friday night. This theater has great world and folk music shows in a beautifully restored theater and movies in a few other rooms. The only drawback to the kinetic energy and entertaining band was the space left for your legs after you sat down. The seat backs in front of us forced us to sit at strange angles. The music, however, transported one away from the setting and made me want to get up and dance.

In response to making a gloomy winter fractal, I made a spring themed one to celebrate the upcoming season that is now sure to be a while in coming. We are blanketed in ice with more snow on the way. So view this fractal and dream of spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would have been more direct to go right on Huron and then down Garden St. You ike a long curcuitous walk?

I used to go into Million Year Picnic all the time... like 25 years ago!! Great to hear that it's still therem unlike Wordsworth.

Jim Speer

stlbanjo said...

That was google maps driving directions. I probably went an even more roundabout way as I tend to meander when I walk.