Saturday, March 10, 2007

Box of Memories

My mom uncovered some work of mine when she was cleaning out a closet. I thought I had taken all of my old material quite a while ago, so it came as a surprise that there was more to see. A box arrived a few days ago, and I finally got around to opening it. It was an amazing glimpse into my life from early (at least 1st grade) to the end of high school.

Here is a book titled, All About Me.
Some description and a self portrait
My family. It looks like Gwen is dripping water or crying and Dad is wearing swimming trunks?? The house is red brick with red clay tiles. Evidently there was a green vase or bottle that I cared about. We often went to Cape Hatteras, North Carolina for vacation.
This must be Danny Koranyi. I think he was the only close white friend at that time who had brown hair, brown eyes, and glasses. I am surprised that I didn't have a picture of Sarah in here, but I really can't be held accountable for what I drew in K or 1st at this point in time.

In another piece of work, I drew this image. Some things do not change!










To the left is a story I wrote in first grade that was typed probably by my mom who volunteered many hours at Delmar-Harvard. To the right is an example from the many binders of physics, calculus and other subjects that represented the high school years. The problem on the bottom must be one of those two cars are traveling...who gets there first types of problems.

2 comments:

EmilyG said...

I think I may just die from the cute.

Thank you for posting these!!!

Emily

stlbanjo said...

:)