Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Plane to L.A.

Reena and I were going to fly out to L.A. for a friend of Reena's wedding. We would arrive Friday night, do some wedding related things Saturday, and then I was going to hang with my cousin for the evening. Wedding on Sunday was to be followed by some hanging out and chill time in the balmy weather. Returning on Monday gave me a day off from school.

Mother Nature, however, had other plans. We checked flight info Friday before leaving the house. The snow had already started, but the flights looked to all be running on time. Heh heh. Never trust the internet flight info! When we arrived after driving down the street to be closer to the T and taking the subway to a bus, the flight was indeed canceled.

After finding out that we were rescheduled on a flight through Chicago on Saturday that would get us to LA in the evening, I decided to stay behind to continue resting and fighting off this cold. We got Reena to the airport this morning, and she gave me the thumbs up that the flight was on. I haven't heard from her since, and I assume she is in the air between here and Chicago.

Before getting Reena to the airport, I shoveled the walk because the 80 year-old woman on the first floor would have done so if I let her. As it was she shoveled the porch and stairs. The snow was heavy with water, and I managed to pull something on the right side of my ribcage. It is the kind of pain that is constant, but it is also the pain that reminds me that I can still move and live.

I stopped by school and installed a new 24 port hub. I should have gotten a switch, but what can you do. Ebay is limited. It can handle what is coming at it, I think, and we should have so many less network failures because it replaces a tangled web of mini hubs that had been taking the slack for quite a while. I also picked up the kids' pinhole camera test pictures to scan this weekend. I will add some to this post when I have scanned them.

2 comments:

rantingnerd said...

If you don't mind 10Mbps links, I can donate a switch (16-port, I think).

stlbanjo said...

We now have 100Mbps with this hub, so I'll see how it goes. Thanks, though.