Wednesday, June 03, 2009

And back to the cradle

This summer, I am visiting St. Louis for the first time in two years. Back to the cradle indeed. Home will always at least a little mean St. Louis and especially University City. I had hoped to get some All Star tickets, but they were bought up by professional ticket sellers who are reselling them at $370 minimum for standing room only tickets. A little steep for our budget. It is too bad, and I am sure there are many fans who would love to go but can't afford these crazy prices. I do have tix for some games the next weekend. That should be fun.

It will also be great to see friends and family and the places that carry a bit of my soul.

2 comments:

John Y. Jones, Ph.D. said...

I've been to STL a couple of times - went to my very first MLB game at the old Busch Stadium in 1994 - and can understand how it's like to be home.

I'm actually a native New Englander living in the South so the cultural adjustment has been interesting.

I'm enjoying your blog. Keep up the good writing.

stlbanjo said...

Thanks,

I am back on it.

My first games were at the old Busch. Many summer afternoons and evenings were spent there with my best friend.