Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Busynot

This was one of those busynot days. It seemed very busy, but it really was not. Reena got up early to leave for her conference. I woke up, and waited for Rose to get up. She awoke late, around 9:00, and so I just was sitting spinning my wheels because she usually doesn't sleep past 8:00. Then the washing machine repairman came. He installed a new control board in the machine. I thought that maybe I could do this, and having seen it done, I certainly could have. I looked online before we called a repairman for the job. Various posts pointed to a shot control board. This part is listed at Repair Clinic at $145.80. The end cost of having a service call to do it was $280, so it doubled the expense. However, I hope it was done correctly which is more than I was sure I would do. Now, I know much more about washer architecture.

The cleaners came after that. Yay! The house is no longer swarming with dust animals (bunnies to T-rexes).

Then Diana came again to give me time to get work done. Rose slept through two of the three hours she was here. I worked on a database for recordkeeping next year, but I hit the same wall as always--designing forms and reports. I called Mike later in the evening, and he offered to help me. again, yay!

Reena and I went to Home Depot to order some kitchen cabinets to match the ones already in the kitchen. The style is discontinued in the store, but they still support it through special orders. We decided it was time to order what we wanted before they stop carrying this line altogether.

Reena dropped me at home, and I fed Rose and put her to bed.

busy day but not really.

No comments: