Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back to the Fishies (penguins, turtle, sea lions, etc)

Today, I took Rose and Zora to the Aquarium. I used Zora's family's double stroller that fit through most of the elevator doors on the T. I had to take off a wheel to fit through two of them. Time for a new strategy--a smaller stroller!

Here are the two of them sitting on the sill of the big central tank looking at fish as they swim by.
And looking at penguins.
The other day, I made these puff pastries (I have to learn better rolling technique). This was what I tried to do to make kohlrabi leaves more edible. Not a fan of kale and other dense, leafy greens, kohlrabi leaves had water repellency of a high end raincoat. I blanched them, sauteed them, and added spices before wrapping them up in puff pastry with some Parmesan. The result is moderately edible. I really hope it is high in all kinds of vitamins and such though I suspect all the cooking I did probably lessened their nutritional value. Raw, however, I imagine they would have just passed straight through impervious to any digestive attempts made on their integrity.

No comments: