Friday, June 18, 2010

Transition

Today is the last day I sit in my classroom at the Atrium school. I have returned my key, wiped computers, organized files on DVDs for teachers following me, and organized materials in the class as well as the storage room. Everything is neat, organized, and ready for a new teacher to step in. This does not mean that she has to use what I have left behind; she has the choice. At the beginning of every teaching job I have started, I have walked into a less that useful chaos of old files, random materials, and often a very dirty space. It feels good to not be adding to that trend.

2 comments:

Will said...

Dan, are you switching jobs at Atrium or heading elsewhere? And yeah, thanks on behalf of teachers for leaving your space in good shape!

stlbanjo said...

Moving on to a new school. I'll be a tech support person with teaching and teacher support duties. Really looking forward to the new role. Big part of the reason is to free up time in the evening and weekend to be with Rose.