Saturday, March 07, 2009

Looking for Spring

With lack of sleep, grumpiness, and stale air urging me to get outside and walk, I exited the house this morning with the goal of looking for Spring. The air was warm, my browser tells me that it is 54 degrees right now, and the snow is rapidly melting. Water stands and runs everywhere, and the warm breeze carries birdsong and the liquid sounds of running water. The most prominent sign of spring was the amount of people out running or walking dogs. There were few people out just to walk. I did run into the mother and grandparents of one of my students as I walked around Fresh Pond. Some solitude, in an urban setting, was found on a muddy and mostly submerged path along one side of the large reservoir. I love the waterproof boots that I finally purchased in January.The first flowers of spring.
Death of winter
Melting reservoir.
Reflections in a pool on top of ice.
Yellow branches fallen from a spring hued tree.
Last year's cattails.
I ended my walk by visiting Iggy's Breads of the World, a place of much yumminess!

No comments: