Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nature's treasures

The way home from school today turned out to be rainy and gray. The morning had been chilly and bright. Now, chilly and wet, I walked along the Fresh Pond Reservoir and came across a wonderful array of animals and plants. In these photos, the gray seems to dominate as it is reflected in the water, but elsewhere, the new spring colors of green and red seemed to pop from the landscape without the sun's light bleaching them out.
I thought this tree trunk emerging from the water was a fascinating shape reminding me of a giraffe. The series of mushrooms up its sides drew me to take this image.
A gray bird on a gray day. Possibly a Great Blue Heron, all the birders out there can correct me. It just hunkered down to wait out the weather.

No comments: