Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bookish

I forgot to post this picture the other day. Rose likes strings of any kind, and Becky likes Rose. It works out.
Grandpa says goodbye for now with his elbow. Rose is still recovering from being very ill. She lost a pound which is significant when one only weighs 20 pounds. Today she started having formula again and took a few bites of toast. She began to be a bit more chipper, too. One effect of the illness is that she strongly wants either Reena or me to be nearby. She screams when anyone tries to pick her up.
On a walk I took, I came across some rose hips. Reminders of last fall.
Rose has warmed up to my mom and will play with her without Reena or me nearby. This may mean that mom has now acquired the bug that Rose was carrying. We'll find out tomorrow.
I spent significant time today working on some books for my art class. I finished making a star book (middle right of image) that has a haiku about snow.

Five pounds a shovel
Youth's cold confection sugar
Losing its sweetness.
This is the front cover to the origami book that I made. It has the lyrics from Turn, Turn, Turn.
This is a secret room book. The pages have a wrap-around image of the melting, dirty piles of snow that are everywhere. The secret room has a wrap-around image of flowers at the local nursery. Spring may be hidden, but it is coming.

No comments: