Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The long walk home

Last art class, we made plaster casts of a hand, foot, or in one case an ear. I did a cast of my hand, and then I did this cast that wrapped around my hand and one finger. We were assigned to "finish" our piece for homework. The variety of pieces in class tonight were amazing. I particularly enjoyed a set of three elephants that were made from wrapping the tips of three fingers in plaster. My spiral hand has positive messages on the outside and negative conditions of the world on the inside.


On of the oddities I walk by often is the new crosswalk at Porter Square. I pass it at night on my way home from art class. The light for cars lasts only long enough for three cars to make the left turn from the parking lot, and even then the last one is running a red light. The rest of the cycle for a very odd intersection is red for this left turn lane, and the corresponding walk signal for pedestrians is very long. The counter for the walk signal starts at 73 seconds, but my shot of that was too blurry. Here is one at 70 seconds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow -- I've never seen a walk signal last for more than 30s or so that I recall.