Saturday, February 14, 2009

Several Days

Hi all,

Been a few days of high adventure! Well, not so adventurous, but we have been mighty busy around here.

Thursday morning and Friday saw Rose demonstrate the amazing volume of her stomach by showing it to us with velocity and quickness that was truly amazing. This display, of course, took the energy right out of her and had us quite worried as a similar bug had put our neighbor's daughter in the ER. After some advice from the nurse at our doctor's office, we started feeding her Pedialyte in small doses and she is now keeping her fluids down and bodily functions appear to be normalizing. Yay.

In the midst of all of that, Reena decided that the young shall indeed lead, and took Rose's example to heart. Friday night was a night of going between Reena camped out on the couch and Rose fussing in her crib. Both situation seem on the mend.

This is all after the high level of stress at work for the last few weeks finally let up as we are starting a week of break. Time to regroup, do some planning, and get quite a few to-do items done--I had hoped. Perhaps it will still happen, but we are set back a bit.

Friday also saw the arrival of grandparents. Welcomed timing as I was out of gas.

I have now had a bit of a break, and my poor neuron is slowly pulling itself together.

A grammar thought: When did me, myself, and I get so abused? I am reading a book, and the author, having passed it by an editor we must presume, often uses I instead of me. I think this may be more of an East Coast thing, but it still jars on my nerves. "Please give it to John and I" or "Please give it to John and myself." These types of sentences are common now, and I am not really sure when it became common parlance to use I or myself instead of me. Ah well...

2 comments:

EmilyG said...

You poor beanies!! I hope everyone's starting to feel better!

stlbanjo said...

Up and walking now!