Saturday, April 18, 2009

Longest Break

I have taken my longest break from blogging on the eve of potentially the longest break in which I am able to be healthy and home this year (knock on wood). Last break was supposed to be a time when I could catch up on school work and get some things done around the house. The fairly unpleasant stomach virus that hit us all ensured that did not happen. I am hopeful for better results this week.

On my walk to school on Monday, I came across this section of the cemetery that was covered with bluebells. It was a very beautiful palette of purple and green contrasting the whites and grays of the stone monuments.

Tuesday, I was home with Rose. She found this starfish toy and enjoyed crawling around with the orange ball in its center stuffed in her mouth.

On Wednesday, I went to school, and a local eatery, Matilda's, had my favorite sandwich as its weekly special. Folks from my school call up and order it regularly.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful bluebell photo -- and the weekly sandwich special is hilarious/great!

stlbanjo said...

Thanks! I love that walk, and spring is just going crazy here. Time for some yardwork before it turns into a jungle.

Jim said...

Is that Mt Auburn Cemetery>

Gwen said...

Hi Dan!
this is the first time I've looked at your blog in a couple years, I think! Perry forwarded me the link. It's the first picture of Rose I've seen in a long while, too. She's getting big ;)
Gwen

Jim S said...

Mt Auburn Cemetery is a beautiful, magical place. Which way do you walk through it? I might ask you to do me a favor sometime.