Sunday, April 19, 2009

Magnificent Magnolias and Visitors from the past!

The magnolias have arrived in full form. Gentle shading from purple to white and the faintest of fragrances have appeared all over town. I love these blossoms, though usually my preference in flowers tends toward the smaller ones. I took this photo on a walk with Rose as we passed the church that houses both Kesher and the music class we attend with Rose.
Sarah visited today, the day before her participation in the Boston Marathon. Sarah and I grew up on the same street, and we spent a vast majority of our time together as kids. After St. Louis, we both went different ways, but we have kept in touch. It was wonderful to see her face to face and chat. It nurtures a part of me that goes untended for long stretches.

No comments: