Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Shiney!

While I work away at my various school projects and Reena is at school, Rose spends time in her old co-sleeper that she never slept in as a co-sleeper. Just one of those plans that did not come to fruition. However, it is a good playpen, but she doesn't like being in there for too long.

In art class, we did egg tempera painting. We had the option of doing some gold leaf as well, so I chose to paint a rose surrounded by gold leaf. I am not a painter by any stretch of the imagination, and I experienced that aspect of this art class that was one of the reasons I took it. I like to put myself in positions where I am a novice to really feel what it is like to be a student. I believe teachers can become very separated from the anxiety and feelings of incompetence that students feel every day in the classroom. Well, today I got that in boatloads! The paintings around me were really amazing. There are a few petals on the rose that look like petals, but on the whole it was a novice effort next to people who have trained. I still enjoyed the medium, and I lived the experience though I ducked out a bit early as my students are not allowed to do. hmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So my new vocabulary word for the day is cosleeper, brought to me courtesy of Dan's blog and defined for me by the million google monkeys...