Sunday, January 18, 2009

BSOD and Snow

Yesterday as I went to add a blog entry, I was confronted by a BSOD, so I did what any rational person would do. I turned off the computer and went to bed.

Today, the computer started up fine after checking my backup disk. Hopefully my backups are not all corrupted.

Right now, a gentle snowfall of movie style clumps of snow is falling gently. I have already shoveled one batch of snow off the walk, and it looks like several more inches have fallen. I have to get reports done this weekend--by 10:00 A.M. tomorrow to be precise--so I went to school to pick up some student work. I moved the materials to the front door and then used sleds to pull them to my car. I love the all wheel drive!


Before that, Rose and I watched the snow fall from our front window, her with sharp toes digging into my ribs and me with appreciation for the quiet blanket being laid over the usual city noises.


Snow piles up on the skylight.

This fall, I took some pictures of the imprints leaves cast on the sidewalks. These shadows of leaves get stretched out by runoff from rainfall. Wish I had my camera instead of phone to capture these images!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the leave imprints with the runoff -- looks like speed effects