Monday, January 05, 2009

A new start

I have long wanted to do a daily picture, so when Reena decided to run a daily picture blog I watched it unfold with admiration. I, too, will now try to do a photo a day. Perhaps some text, too.

Last night, I heard the rain falling. I didn't realize the obvious that it was below freezing, so this morning when I was hauling recycling down to the front, I slipped down the stairs on the glazing of ice that had coated every surface overnight. Cans, bottles, paper, and cardboard rained down and skittered away over the slick surface. Luckily, I was just shaken. After much spreading of salt and ice melt, I attacked the ice on my car.

1 comment:

EmilyG said...

Eeek! I'm so glad you weren't hurt!

Awesome photo! I'm impressed that those doors are open - that must have been a feat in itself!