Friday, January 23, 2009

Time for Walkies

Today I walked with Rose to Harvard Square. It has been a while since I have done this. Travel to Australia, illness, and massive snowfalls have all contributed to less walking time. Cambridge finally opened the Walden Street bridge that they have been working on for years. It is great for driving over the train tracks. The girders you see behind the bridge are for the pedestrian walkway that stayed open during construction.
Million Year Picnic. Love the place. I have been reading comics since college where I helped run the Haverford College Comic book collection. Today I get my books from MYP in Harvard Square. Great store, great atmosphere.


On the way out, I was enchanted by the little lights in the trees in Harvard Square (Brattle Square, actually) This shot was taken with a long exposure with the camera resting on the baby carriage.
At the bottom of the street where we live, there were some massive snowballs that had been rolled on the tennis courts. Two kids were tying to add to them, but the weight was a little too much. You'd need a forklift to get these stacked for a larger-than-life snowman.

4 comments:

EmilyG said...

Oooo! The long-exposure shot is stunning!!!

stlbanjo said...

Thanks. I really have to start carrying my mini tripod around with me more often. It is so useful!

Unknown said...

Teacher, please educate me -- I assume that long-exposure means you leave the lens aperture (or something) open for a while -- and that risks motion blur effects. But which photo here is long-exposure?

Unknown said...

Oops, poor literacy -- the lighted tree one is the long-exposure. But what visual effect did that have on the photo I see?