Friday, February 10, 2006

The Anticipation

Yes, when you wait 6 days for a fractal to render, the anticipation mounts. This one had some unexpected treasures and a big disappointment. I saw the circle in the middle, but it didn't register in my brain. It is now hacked in photoshop. Before it was just a teal disk. The little spirals of orange dots and the finer detail was not available in the preview mode, so they are a nice extra. See for yourself. Was it worth the wait?

In other news, I unpacked my display. Wednesday, I pulled up in front of my house as the UPS truck pulled away. I called in the number, and after a while they called back. Evidently, if I had run madly after the van in the first place, I could have stopped it and got my package. Instead, I stared dumbly at the little adhesived slip of paper stating that the just-departed truck would not be back until tomorrow during a time in which I was guaranteed to still be at work. They would then try this one more time before sending my new monitor back to Dell! Grrr. Signature required, so they wouldn't just leave it. I found, however, that the local UPS center is close to work, and just down the road from next year's building site. I picked it up Thursday after school, and today I unpacked it. Yesterday, the fractal was still rendering, and while I could have switched monitors in theory, I did not want to risk it. The monitor is now about 25 inches from my face compared to the previous 12" or so. Much better. Also refresh flicker is not bugging my eyes.

No comments: