Sunday, February 19, 2006

Glazed Grin

Dance euphoria can lead to a grin glazed over the face. I felt that I had such a look for a vast majority of the night. Many folks who had not danced for a while came out to the dance and it was a treat to see them all. This is a community that I have been part of for about 16 years, and friendships that long, formed through dance, food, and conversation, are a wonderful thing. It was heady and exciting, and a warmup for our wedding. I found that the warning to eat during the wedding played out here because with all the catching up with people, I hardly got a bite in. Also, I did not drink enough water. Notes for the July event!

Happy Dan is going to sleep!
G'night

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful dance with lots of energy towards Dan and Reena from the St Louis contradance community. People came out of the woodwork to see Dan's return to the scene. There were at least 90 people there crowded into the small dance hall, stomping and swinging up a storm!

Anonymous said...

so sad that i was pre-committed for this weekend... I would have unquestionably been another of those creatures crawling out of the woodwork. Looking forward to July, though!

David