Saturday, February 11, 2006

How My World Turns

What is yesterday's news is still today's news. Yesterday's post had two things: my new monitor and my new fractal. Well, just look what this busy beaver has been doing to avoid grading and creating curriculum!

First, my new monitor is installed and working well, so here is a ripple effect from that. This necessitated creating a craig's list account. I thought I already had one, but it was not in my list of accounts and passwords. A quick check on Ebay told me that this was a reasonable price, I hope.

Next, many hours of this morning went to editing the midnight bubbles into the various templates for my online store, Patterns: Recursion and Repetition. I created a new section for this fractal. This one, I even took time to make a clock which is a little more time that the others which only require creative resizing of the image.

I even did the pile of dishes (see Clippings: School on the horizon (hyperlink crazy!)) Having been in the middle of fighting off a cold, these little chores tend to build up to an Augean Stable-sized task. Luckily with scale in effect, the flow of water coming out of the faucet is sufficient for the job, and the job is equally scaled down. Perhaps, I too am scaled appropriately in relation to Hercules and this task and my water flow? Perhaps this metaphor is being examined far too carefully, splitting hairs as it were.

No comments: