Friday, February 24, 2006

Dan Riles and the Case of the Mysterious Fractal

I have rendered this fractal three times now, and it never appears in the destination folder. I actually quite like the image and am interested in how it differs when rendered. However, it has gone missing. A full disk search turned up nada. I, like other famous boy detectives, shall have to gather my trusted side-kick and head out into the neighborhood to look for clues and solve this mystery. Meanwhile, the next fractal that I am rendering may not disappear, so I hope my next post will actually have something to show.

On another note, I have found that live bookmarks make it so easy to keep up with the few blogs that I now read. I pop them in a folder in my bookmark bar (Firefox) and just hover over them to see if there is anything new. The wonders of yesterday's technology that I am just now appreciating.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Check the 5th Dimension. Whenever I can't find a fractal, I go looking in the 5th Dimension and there it is, hanging out with its friends and not giving one thought to how worried its parents are.

I just recently started using RSS as well. It's great for blogs because you never know when they're going to be updated. They're still new for a lot of people, I think. In my web stats I can see that many regular visitors don't use RSS because they return to the home page and not the directly to the updated page.