Monday, December 19, 2005

Getting Started

I chose clippings because I see this space as a place where I accumulate a variety of ideas and notes. A refrigerator with unlimited space.

I was drawn to do this by several comments in another endeavor I am attempting. As an elementary school teacher, I do not have that much time to play around on the net, but now that break is here, I am taking some time between getting house chores accomplished and working on school projects. I have always wanted to explore fractals and other types of recursive and repetitive art, so I have made a few with Ultra Fractal. Had lots of fun.

This is one of my recent attempts. I have always been drawn to this type of fiddlehead spiral. Ferns have intrigued me from an early age. With a few beginning attempts at making fractals, I have now opened up a Cafe Press store. Only one item of each kind is allowed in the free ones, so it is only this image. I will hopefully add more fractals and other types of recursive and repetitive art that I am playing with and will make a store that combines all of them. I have to pay for that store, so it may not come out very soon.

This, my first tentative step into blogging, is probably too restricted in regards to comments. I will look at more and read more.

Cheers to anyone who takes a look.

No comments: