Thursday, December 22, 2005

Less and More

Today was a day of less and more. It started out by my going to the new building site without checking my work email. Yep, the meeting had been moved to Winchester (I did not know there was a town named that around here till today). I went to Atrium, interrupted a meeting, and found out the new location. An hour late, I showed up as the new building plan unfolded. With budget cuts, we are trying to be creative on how to make a unique space with very little modification. I think in the end, we arrived at a neat solution that several people had evidently suggested at an earlier meeting and made do with the less that we were handed as a budget.

I then returned to school, did some maintenance on student science projects, fed the fish, and picked up some materials. A shopping trip to Target to pick up more cereal containers, and then home again. Today I cleaned my car!!! I only cleaned the surfaces and glass. The exterior will get so much grime that it is not worth cleaning now, and I borrowed JD's shop vac to do the carpeting.

And that brings me to the very good (and more part) and productive part of the day (beside actually cleaning my car). I went to JD's and we made two items I have been needing. One is a riser for a bookshelf so it can sit over some pipes that emerge from the floor near the wall. It all went well, and when I arrived home, I realized that we had not counted the thickness of one of the boards and the holes cut for the pipes were 3/4 of an inch off. Out comes the saw tomorrow, and that will be taken care of. The other item was a TV shelf to fit a dvd player underneath.

All in all, a productive day with things on the to-do list getting done. Here is Reena's favorite spirograph from yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite spirograph! Dan is awesome! :-)