Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Comments?

Hello dear reader,

I would love to see who is reading this blog if anyone. All you have to do is click on the link that looks like this at the end of each post: # posted by stlbanjo @ 9:01 PM 0 comments. Then, a pop-up window (you have to enable pop-ups for this website) will appear with any previous comments on this topic, and you can add your own.

My students took an Africa map test today. Some had a map with numbers in each country. Their answer sheet had country and landform names next to which they had to write the correct number. Others used the number map with an answer sheet that had numbers next to which they had to write the names. One student took a map that had no numbers and wrote countries, capitals, and landforms on the blank map. I certainly could not do that right now.

Tonight, I graded the tests, and there was quite a range. After that, I worked on some more sentence diagramming. Lastly, I watched a short video on sweatshops. We are starting a unit on clothing and globalization. Tomorrow, kids will map their clothes.

I have also been looking at Craig's List and Freecycle as I missed the two cycles that showed up yesterday. I think you have to respond as soon as the post is made to get anything on these lists.

My fractal has just under 8 hours to go for its rendering. I can't wait! I don't think I have shown this one on my blog yet. I call it Beach.

No comments: