Thursday, January 12, 2006

Third Day is the Charm

Home again today and a little more productive. I did organize my school work, think about it, even did a little. Mostly I just blew my nose and drank lots of fluids.

Ever heard of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils? If not, check them out. They were one of my favorite bands back in the day.

Here is the reason I'm not a song writer (imagine this as a hard-rocking, southern-blues style):

Cross the Road

Hey little chicken why'd you cross the road?
Always runnin' from here to there.
Stop and look around to see where you are.
Did you really need to go that far?

Look around your own house and see what you've got.
Maybe a little, maybe a lot.
Peace and happiness don'’t only come from others.
Take a look inside, sisters and brothers.

Hey Mr. Cow lookin' over the fence,
Grass ain't greener on this side.
They keep tellin' you to want some more,
But you don't have to look outside your front door.

Look around your own house and see what you've got.
Maybe a little, maybe a lot.
Peace and happiness don'’t only come from others.
Take a look inside, sisters and brothers.

Yep, that came out of me. All I can do is blame it on the cold.

I also rendered another fractal or two over the last few days. Here is one of the most recent called March of the Safety Pins:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do remember Ozark Mountain Daredevils, from sometime in 80s. Terrific name for a band.

I'd put that fractal on a mug. :-)