Friday, January 06, 2006

Miami Here I Come

In an hour, we leave the apartment for our journey to Miami. Interestingly, I had not realized that Florida is one of the few states to which I have never been. My bag is mostly packed, and I am ready. This trip, however, is not for pleasure. It is for a funeral. I will have to visit Florida under different circumstances to say I have really visited.

I just finished with an almost three hour meeting about the new school building. We are at a focus point between planning and doing. It is like a rock poised on the edge of a slope, and we are slowly levering it forward. I know once it gets moving, there will be an exciting and quick ride with our target move-in date being next September.

I rendered a few more fractals and found that it may be a combination of my computer/software and blogspot that make transparent parts of images turn pink or gray. I will post one, but it may have unintended colors. This one, "Spiked Spirals 4" is a detail from another fractal, and it reminds me of a mythical, flying beast perched on the edge of something and ready to fly.

No comments: